You love making paper flowers. Do you want to take it to the next level and start building paper flower walls, but you are feeling intimidated and unsure? If you find yourself in this spot, I am here to reassure you that if you are willing to put in the time into your craft, you can make it. Here are a few tips to help you along the way!
No Time to Read This Blog Post Right Now? If you need to come back to this, be sure to save or share this free tutorial. Most people save it to a crafting pinboard or share it with a Facebook group focused on crafts.
- You don’t need expensive tools to curl your flowers. Your scissors, your butter knife, or even skewers will do just fine.
- Your flowers don’t need to have a unified look. Complimentary colors will have more impact than having perfectly shaped flowers. Look at the flowers in nature, are any of them perfectly symmetrical?
- Don’t be afraid to be creative. Some florists are purists and create flowers that can be found in nature. Others, such as myself, are comfortable with creating futuristic-looking flowers that are not found in nature. There is no right or wrong way, you just need to find “your” way.
- Always give yourself extra time for your projects. If you finish early, you can use that extra time to treat yourself to a relaxing cup of coffee and/or tea.
- Always bring extra supplies to your events.
- You can never have too many glue sticks. Oh, and by the way, you can use them for rolling your flowers!
- When creating a flower always remember to give it a generous amount of center. You don’t want to run out of real estate space and have a squishy-looking flower.
- Have fun with your centers. You can read about my favorite technique here – Let’s Have Fun With Paper Flowers Center
- For easy transport don’t glue your centers, instead, use pins and/or zip ties. This will free you up to stock flowers on top of each other without damaging the centers.
- Don’t undercharge yourself. Value your work and your time.
- Practice does make things perfect.
- Use a cake box for your paper flower centers. It will keep them sturdy and less fragile.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different media. I love putting a brooch inside my flower for that extra bling.
- Don’t copy someone’s work. Get inspired and create your own instead.
- Luxury Paper Flower Tutorial – Bling it up
- 10 Tips for Event Planning – My go to
- Paper Flower Tools – Paper Type, Supplies, Tutorials & Templates
Save and Share with fellow crafters, friends, and family
Your shares help this site grow so more people can live, learn and make beauty.