If you are like me, a busy parent chasing after two feisty kids, with all cooking, chores, errands, and cleaning we have to do, you don’t have as much time to craft as you would like.
You love large paper flowers, but you don’t have the time to cut each petal, glue each petal individually, and then glue them all together.
Yes, putting together a large paper flower can be a time-consuming project, but it doesn’t have to be! I am going to teach you a trick that will help you to save time. It is a magical trick where you take the concept of 3D paper flowers and scale it up!
How do you do that? Very easily! You cut an entire shape of the flower with all of its petals as one solid piece. You save on cutting time and you don’t have to work on each petal anymore. Instead, you’ll work an entire layer at once. It’s so easy even my little kids know how to put it together.
This easy-to-follow tutorial will help you to create a large paper flower that doesn’t take much time. Read on to learn about the materials, tools, and detailed steps, and you’ll be making amazing paper flowers in no time!
- Select your template. If you are using my templates, you get an entire bundle of cutting files
- Plan to cut at least 4 layers. Max out the size of the template. If you are using 8.5×11 paper, set your largest layer to be 8×8. Reduce by .75 to an inch between each layer
- Curl up petals of each layer to give your flower a fuller look
- Glue each layer on top of each other
Do these flowers look great? Absolutely! Come and take a look
READY FOR MORE?
- White Core Cardstock – More on paper
- Fun Acrylic Painting Birthday Activity – Need break from flowers?
- Bar Mitzvah Paper Flower Backdrop – For a special occasion
Save and Share with fellow crafters, friends, and family
Your shares help this site grow so more people can live, learn and make beauty.