When making a large paper flower you can keep adding petals until the center is fully covered. You can also take it to the next level by creating fringed paper flower centers.
One of the things that I love about fringed paper flower centers is their versatility. If you make them large, they can serve as paper flowers by themselves. You can combine several different styles to create endless unique variations. These paper flower centers even come with a secret or two! Here is my list of Secrets Of Paper Florist.
- Upload your fringe SVG template into Design space
- Alternatively, you can create your fringe template directly in Design Space:
- Use shapes and lines for your design. You’ll need a square that you can set to 8×10.5 size
- Next, select a line and set it to 7.50 in height. Make sure the line type is set to Cut
- Duplicate until you have enough to fill your square at the frequency you want.
- Couple of things to remember.
- Before duplicating your line, position it into your square first
- When putting your cut line into your square make sure to leave space at the top and bottom of the rectangle. Instead of duplicating a single line, again and again, duplicate several of them at once. The distance between your lines will determine the thinness or thickness of your fringe. The longer distance will give you a thicker size fringe.
- Once your template is cut (and if you are using a machine to cut it, remember to pull your mat off your cut, and not the other way around) you are ready to style it! This is where the real fun begins. You have many choices of how you can style it. Here are some ideas:
- Glue the solid edges together and roll/wrap them to get the classic look
- Offset the edges by inches. Depending on how much you offset by it will give you a different result
- Lastly, and this one is my absolute favorite, you mix and match fringed paper flower centers with small paper flowers. Not sure how to make small paper flowers? This easy DIY tutorial will walk you through the steps.
lets get creative:
- Fun Paper Flower Project for Summer Camp – Get the kids in on the action
- Lets Make Paper Flowers – Back to basics
- DIY Dollar Tree Trumpet Vase – Create beyond the vase
Save and Share with fellow crafters, friends, and family
Your shares help this site grow so more people can live, learn and make beauty.