I already shared with you how much I love using wine bottles for fun crafting projects. You can read about it here – Easy Wine Bottle Centerpieces DIY. I bring you another fun spin on how to repurpose the bottles from one event for another event.
One of my paper flower projects was working with a wonderful teen who wanted unique decorations for her Bat Mitzvah party. The young lady loves to craft and had a vision of decorating the party herself. It was a fun project and the paper flower decorations were amazing. Take a look at the decoration, and let me know what you think of the Bat Mitzvah Paper Flower Project.
The party’s colors were red and white. I already had bottles painted in black and silver colors. The entire crafting party agreed that the colors of flowers and bottles were a great match. We decided to continue with paper flowers as the main theme even for our wine bottle centerpieces DIY project.
This was one of the easiest projects because I didn’t need to clean or spray paint wine bottles. By the way, if you are looking for the tips on best ways to clean and paint your wine bottles these detailed tips will help you to save time. We were already making paper flowers, all we had to do was to decide on which template to use. For this project, we went for a simple but elegant template – and decided to create a large paper flower with two colors. This detailed tutorial will teach you how to make large paper.
Are you ready to try your hand at wine bottle DIY and create stunning centerpieces for your events? No Time to Do This Project Right Now? If you need to come back to this, be sure to save or share this free tutorial. Most people save it to a crafting pinboard or share it with a Facebook group focused on crafts.
- Clean your bottles. Read about my tried and true method for removing labels from wine bottles, even the stubborn ones – Wine Bottle Centerpieces Tips
- Spray paint your bottles. Make sure to let your paint soak in hot water for a bit to help you “loosen” it. Doing so will help the paint to spray evenly and you’ll avoid having paint streaks. For best results set your bottle up and spray it from top to the bottom as you walk around the bottle. Cover the surrounding areas with plastic to avoid overspray, and get busy with painting my bottles.
- Let the bottles dry and put them back in the box.
- Create your flowers. Use detailed steps from this tutorial – Large Paper Flower Easy Tutorial. For this centerpiece, I put 3 bottles together, wrapped a white ribbon around it, and hot glued the paper flower to one side of the bottles. We debated putting flowers on both sides, but it felt it would be too busy. The result was unique and made special because it was handmade.
Events and more
- Paper Flower Craft Tips & Tricks – Time Investment
- White Core Cardstock – Will a white core cardstock look good?
- DIY Collar Tree Trumpet Vase – Make your own vase
Save and Share with fellow crafters, friends, and family
Your shares help this site grow so more people can live, learn and make beauty.