One of the frequently asked questions by new Cricut users is “I am a newbie, what else do I need besides my machine to get going? I present you with the list that captures all extras that you need to get going with your crafting journey.
Please note that often Cricut will offer bundle deals that will include some of these items in a bundle. There are pros and cons to buying your new Cricut machine by itself or as a bundle. If you are a brand new crafter, deciding to buy a bundle Cricut machine is an excellent choice. Now let’s go and learn what else you should consider buying with your brand new Cricut machine.
No Time to Read This Blog Post Right Now? If you need to come back to this, be sure to save or share this free tutorial. Most people save it to a crafting pin board or share it to a Facebook group focused on crafts.
- Set of weeding tools – You can buy Cricut brand or choose to go with comparable choices by off brands that offer the same quality and often better prices. Nicapa is considered one of the best off-brands
- Permanent and/or HTV vinyl – Two of the best brands for permanent vinyl are Oracal 651 and Series 51. Depends on your needs, cheaper brands might be a preferred option
- Decent transfer tape – Cricut brand transfer tape is notoriously difficult to master. In some instances, painter tape and/or contact paper are great choices
- Pack of cardstock to practice on from Michaels. Recollection brand has several excellent options for a starter pack.
- Mats – you’d need blue and green colored mats to begin with. You can choose to go with Cricut brand or buy off-brand, such as Nicapa. Both brand and off-brand work well. Go for the best price.
- Download free svgs and fonts – use this tutorial to learn how to download, unzip, pull into Design Space your fonts.
lets learn more:
- Off Brand Blades – Learned pros and cons of getting off brand blades
- Cleaning Up Cricut Mats – Learn how to care for your mats
- Cricut Mats – Confused by all mats? This post will break it down for you
Save and Share with fellow crafters, friends, and family
Your shares help this site grow so more people can live, learn and make beauty.