Are you like me and love large paper flowers? Or perhaps you are curious about them, tried some of the free templates, and would like to try a few more before buying additional templates? I have exciting news for you! Did you know you can make templates using Design Space? You read this correctly! Using different shapes and tools found in Design Space you can create gorgeous templates that you re-size and change as needed for your project.
My easy-to-follow tutorial will help you create a template you can use to create an amazing large paper flower. Read on to learn about the materials, tools, and detailed steps you will need to make amazing paper flowers in no time!
No Time to Read This Project Right Now? If you need to come back to this, be sure to save or share this free tutorial. Most people save it to a crafting pinboard or share it with a Facebook group focused on crafts.
Watch this Tutorial on how to create shapes in Design Space.
Build your templates by following the detailed steps in my tutorial.
- Decide on the size of your flower. Remember to always set your base to be at least 2 to 3 inches larger than your largest petal. If your large petal is 5 inches in height, set your base to 8 inches.
- Plan to have at least 3 layers for your flower and full a fuller look, add two more layers. Reduce the size of each petal by 1 to 1.25 inches.
- Set up a project in Design Space. Not sure how to organize your petals? This detailed tutorial will walk you through the steps –
- Use your Cricut machine to cut out your templates. Remember to use 12×24 mats to cut more petals at once.
- Style each petal by curling the sides, and/or creating a slit in the middle to give your petal more depth. This playlist has several tutorials to give you ideas on how to style different templates.
- Glue the petals to your base. Start with the largest petal and work your way to the smallest.
- Create a fringe center or you can use a small 3D flower in the center to add more pizazz.
Enjoy your creation and keep designing to build your collection.
Your own Creations
- Luxury Paper Flower Tutorial – Luxury at its finest
- How to Make Fringed Paper Flower Centers – Create your own Centers
- Easy Reverse Canvas Project with Paper Flowers – Show off your Style
Save and Share with fellow crafters, friends, and family
Your shares help this site grow so more people can live, learn and make beauty.